Thursday, June 4, 2009

Review of first Realicide show in Cincy in 2 years

As for the venue that this occured at, the Bunk Spot is basically the new Void; very diverse crowd there and 100-200 people showed up. There was even an amazing vegetarian/vegan feast (which i'm still recovering from... oof). As for Realicide's set, they blew everyone away. So intense. Booming beats, crackling, fuzzed out, vicious noise, and vocals that were yelled, screamed, and shouted, with a cross between "happy hardcore", harsh noise, some hip-hop (I think...), gabber, and possibly some industrial. It was the best set I've seen them do and I've seen them live more than any other band I've ever watched before. Robert was handling the electronics and backup vocals, with Jim Swill doing lead vox. They sounded like they did back in 2003-2005/6-ish, which made me happy, as that's when I saw them multiple times a month and never got sick of it. Swill went on a rant about myspace and what it's been doing to the prevailing culture (ironically, they have a myspace page, but they're thinking about taking it down). They also played my favorite song of theirs, their cover of The Mob's "Wish". It was a great time and Rob and Swill were in good spirits and really happy about how well the turnout and venue were. And I'm glad that I was able to make it and support a close friend who I hadn't seen in years.

Punk ain't comfort.

http://www.realicide.com
http://www.myspace.com/realicide
http://www.myspace.com/inhv

No comments:

Post a Comment