Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How I feel right now...



Burgundy years.
I remember everything.
Burgundy years.
Death tolls ever dark its cheers.

Dark the days that beckon me
throughout the Northland country,
but there was hope once in my heart
when minstrels sang sweet their song.

From the cup you made me drink
the potions of uncertainty.
My love never did perish.
I have kept the memories inside.

Blood it lingers still yet stirring
where goodwill was once endearing.
I've become the caretaker
dutifully, a saint forlorn.

Marriage to the brotherhood
by oaths sworn in magicians' woods.
The martyr of my Christian name
slain by the scarlet crusades

Shall the words of misfits spoken
be treated as jesters' tokens.
There is but a glimmer full
of the dim light you have cast.

In time all heroes depart,
but there was hope once in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment