Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bathe in Bleach - Demo CD Review (finally)

I'd like to thank the pain pills I've been prescribed (NO, you can't have any...) for making this post possible...



Unfortunately, there is some paint on the back of this thing, but it still plays. I'm listening to it in my portable CD player, because there's paint and glitter on the top. As a result, I can't tell you how long it is, but it's short and I'm pretty sure that it's 10 or 11 tracks. It's apparently limited to three copies, but I think I saw more than that? It says that mine is edition 3 of 3. eBay gold! ;) There's some ridiculous stuff written on the inside clear cover of the slimline jewel case and I'm told that members wrote different stuff on each one.

As for the music, it's pretty aggressive and dissonant. A bit sloppy at times, but I'm not complaining. I hear some familiar sounds at times, like basslines that remind me of ThreeOneG bands (talking to the bassist confirmed that he's influenced by that stuff), some Slayer in the guitarwork (the guitar player is pretty into them), and a small handful of short explosions of what's either Deadguy, Dillinger Escape Plan, or some tech metalcore. That was the only part that I didn't like, but they weren't terribly noticeable. You'd have to have wasted years of your life listening to that stuff to recognize it... hahaha Anyhow, the drumming is insane and while it's mixed too high, that works because it's so good.

I found the "Five Dollar Footlongs" bonus track (not available from the online download) to be funny. They could've done a little bit more with it, but I'm a nerd for saying that about a joke track... haha

One or some of the members told me that they're really not powerviolence, but rather, fast hardcore punk with blastbeats or something. I think that's an accurate assessment and I'll be labelling them as "fastcore" now.

Bathe in Bleach on Myspace

Downloadable Demo

No comments:

Post a Comment